Colorado School of Mines Elevates Parking Experience with TKH Security’s State-of-the-Art Automated Parking Guidance System
Cheshire, CT – December 20, 2023 – TKH Security (formerly Park Assist), a leading technology provider in camera-based Automated Parking Guidance Systems (APGS), is pleased to announce the prestigious Colorado School of Mines has chosen our cutting-edge parking solutions to enhance the overall parking experience on their campus in C+PKll garage with 871 parking spaces.
At the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, the Colorado School of Mines (Mines) is located in Golden, Colorado. Recently celebrating its Fall 2023 Undergraduate Commencement, Mines is a public research university focused on applied science and engineering. Mines once again ranked among the nation’s top universities in U.S. News & World Report’s 2024 edition of Best Colleges, ranking #36 in Top Public Schools nationwide and first in Colorado.
“As we see available land shrinking on college campuses across North America, the need for parking guidance to maximize overall availability is becoming essential,” said Jeff Sparrow, Director of Sales, North America. “Our technology not only maximizes parking efficiency but also offers enhanced security features, creating a safer environment. To the benefit of students, faculty, and staff, campus security will be able to better monitor each parking space.”
The camera-based M5 smart-sensor is the core of our automated parking guidance system (APGS). With two CMOS digital cameras on either side, the M5 smart-sensors are installed above the driving lane to monitor up to six parking spaces each, up to three on each side. Exhibiting a 99%+ accuracy rate, the M5 has a full spectrum RGB (LED) indicator that can be configured to display thousands of colors to indicate occupancy and parking space type. Most commonly, green indicates available, blue indicates handicapped, purple indicates EV, while red indicates occupied. Reducing time to park by up to 63%, the system not only facilities a smoother traffic flow inside the parking garage but it also reduces congestion in the surrounding areas.
Their automated parking guidance system (APGS) package also includes:
- Camera-based C5 Smart Counting Solution to be placed at key points to accurately detect and count bidirectional traffic, sending the data to both VMS signs and INX,
- With maximum messaging flexibility, VMS signage will treat parkers with to up to the moment guidance at key decision points, guiding them to available parking quickly,
- Park Alerts will send proactive notifications for the arrival of important or banned persons, if someone overstays their limited-time space, or if someone parks in a restricted space,
- Park Surveillance will deliver comprehensive monitoring of each parking space, in and between spaces, by capturing HD streaming video when motion is detected or continuously, allowing security to be on the lookout for suspicious activity in a more efficient way than ever before,
- And the INX integration will provide Mines with real-time and historical, actionable data including: occupancy, dwell time, turnover, heatmaps, frequency, trends, comparative analytics, environmental conditions, and more.
“Mines selected us based on our leadership in camera-based APGS and our extensive experience in successful parking guidance installations. With installation beginning in Q1 2024, I look forward to working closely with Mines on this project,” said Sparrow.
In a recent feature article by Fast Company titled “The new, sci-fi ways AI will radically redesign airports,” TKH Security’s APGS takes center stage, solidifying our position as a pivotal player in shaping the future of airport parking experiences. The article delves into the transformative power of AI and highlights the seamless and stress-free journey facilitated by our APGS at the Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, emphasizing its efficient spot location, AI-powered security integration, and revenue optimization features.